Monday, October 3, 2011

Assignment 3b

Oh my what a difference a few hours makes!  I'd lost the nice lighting and my new subject had some ground rules which involved staying put on the couch playing on the computer, so I had fewer angles from which to shoot.  And, then, I zoomed in with my lens in her face and we burst out laughing.  The laughing continued for most of the 57 photos.  It was that kind of stop-tickling-me-I-can't-breathe laughter that had us both moving all about, so it became hard to focus.  While we had a rip-roaringly fun time, I wasn't certain I'd have any photos to use.  Much to my surprise I captured some great moments.  I had a harder time narrowing these down to two or three.  I love this first and most untraditional of the set:
Finding Your Eye
To my eye, I captured the vibrancy, energy and feeling of the moment here.  
Finding Your Eye
Thirteen is awesome!  Cutie, freckle-face!  Her "deep-down-from-the-tips-of-her-toes" smile is so pretty caught on camera.
Finding Your Eye
We finally settled down and were still for a brief second.  Here I'm shooting from on top of a nearby stool.  Somehow the quirkiness still comes through.  I noticed in this one, the colors in her t-shirt provide a balance that makes her face pop more.
Finding Your Eye
And, of course, it's personality that pops here!  Ah, Emma, my love!
(I had to do a bit of convincing to be allowed to post this one here.)

Much of my reflection on Annie's photo shoot applies here.  Plus, with Emma's what I got was not at all what I expected.  Once I gave up my preconceived notions and just laughed along with Emma it was really a lot of fun.  Of these photos, I like most the ones with movement and energy.  They have a sweet beauty and authenticity to them.  I would love another chance to photograph her in a quieter mood and in the nice lighting of the earlier day, but I really am very pleased with this set!
Finding Your Eye
Boy she is really trying hard not to crack up in this one - and she's d.o.n.e!

These photos - and the memories of the shoot itself - will be treasured.

Again, thanks, Kat! 



Blogged for the class: Finding Your Eye .

7 comments:

  1. Wow...wOw!! These are fantastic! They ooze personality PLUS! Preconceived notions...so true. You "captured" an incredible moment in time to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cheryl!!! I'm so happy with them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, throwing out expectations really worked for both of you. Her personality and the fun you had just jump off the screen for me. I love that you went with the flow, and captured something truly special. Great memory and fantastic photos. That's the best combo you could hope for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to be able to enjoy the moment while capturing it at the same time. The fun that you are having shows in all of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first shot too -- I love the movement in it and like you said the energy and vibrancy that it captures. Well done! And good for her for letting her mom do that -- one day she,too, will treasure those photos. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first shot is money - the movement, energy, color....it's all so fantastic! I completely understand the whole "preconceived notions" bit, isn't it like that with most things in life? You just have to let go and then BAM you capture the most amazing things ;) Thank you so much for sharing - what a fun shoot!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting - I really appreciate the feedback!