Friday, September 30, 2011

The Thrill, too!

I take photographs for the thrill of capturing a scene.  I follow Marcie Scudder's daily photos and am enchanted by her ability to capture beautiful misty scenes.  (I try not to be discouraged by someone's abilities and rather be inspired by them.)  This morning, I took a break from preparing breakfast and packing lunch to grab my camera and catch a "Marcie" shot.  It is such a thrill now, after the kids have gone and the house is quiet to take a look at what I shot.  I felt such excitement as my photos unloaded from the card onto my laptop.
DSC_6898
That "look what I did!" feeling is such a rush.
DSC_6900
These were shot and posted as is...no editing.
DSC_6901
And, then I played around with processing.
Misty Morning Sunrise
Processing the photos is part of the art for me.  I like seeing what I can tease out of an image.
Misty Morning Sunrise
Fun times with these photos today!
Misty Morning Sunrise
The feeling of achievement when I've captured and created something that speaks to me -- I love it!



Blogged for the class: Finding Your Eye .

10 comments:

  1. All gorgeous! What a beautiful view you have, and we are lucky to have you sharing it with us. I love how you are continuing to think about your "why!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures as well as your enthusiasm and love for what you are doing are so inspiring to me. I'm off to see what I can create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous!! What a beautiful..magical...misty morning. I'm blushing here...glad that I could be such an inspiration!!
    And - I didn't know about this blog..or did I? Will have to check back here often!!!
    Thanks for the sweet words...:-)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first photo is gorgeous as is - I can hardly believe that is done without editing! Impressive indeed, thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow Marcie too isn't she just marvellous, turning simple things into such beautiful pieces and you my girl have done the same congrats love love love the shots and I love the editing. I do it too sometimes as you say you can just tease a little more out of it all art to me and I love it great to be doing the Finding your Eye course with you

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Processing the image is part of the art for me" Oh me too!! And I just love what you did with the tree in the mist -- the deep oranges and rusts that you brought out! SWOON!! : )

    Thanks for sharing such gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your excitment is very motivational. I admire Marcie's photo's, they are very beautiful and she certainly has her own style. I agree with you about being inspired by other photographys rather than bummed. LIFE is so much better with challenges - how can I do that? and going out and figuring it out. The end result is "your eye". That's why we're here. I look forward to growing with you here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your work unedited and "teased!" Your passion is contagious...Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your enthusiastic responses everyone!! Much appreciated ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting - I really appreciate the feedback!